CGFNS International, formerly the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools, is an immigration-neutral, nonprofit organization and is an internationally recognized authority on credentials evaluation pertaining to the education, registration, and licensure of nurses and other healthcare professionals worldwide. CGFNS protects the public by ensuring that nurses and other healthcare professionals educated in countries other than the United States are eligible and qualified to meet licensure, immigration and other practice requirements in the United States.
International Council of Nurses
The International Council of Nurses is a federation of national nurses' associations (NNAs), representing nurses in 130 countries. Founded in 1899, ICN is the world's first and widest reaching international organisation for health professionals. Operated by nurses for nurses, ICN works to ensure quality nursing care for all, sound health policies globally, the advancement of nursing knowledge, and the presence worldwide of a respected nursing profession and a competent and satisfied nursing workforce.
ICN Position Statement on Ethical Nurse Recruitment www.icn.ch/psrecruit01.htm
The International Centre on Nurse Migration occupies a key role in establishing dynamic, effective global and national migration policy and practice that facilitate safe patient care and positive practice environments for nurse migrants.
To serve as a global resource for the development, promotion and dissemination of research, policy and information on nurse migration.
The ethical recruitment and equitable treatment of migrating nurses is a fundamental principle of the International Centre on Nurse Migration. The goals are:
- to promote, collect, create and disseminate data and information on nurse migration
- to act as a resource centre on nurse migration
- to track trends and patterns of global healthcare workforce migration
- to analyze current policy, generate policy options and advocate for sound policy concerning nurse migration
- to promote, undertake and disseminate research on nurse migration, particularly concerning the migrant nurse workforce
- to provide consultation and expert advice on nurse migration and
- to offer continuing education about migration